Monday, April 27, 2015

Big Black Bus

When I was a girl not much older than 8, my dream wasn't just my own. It was the whole family's. The dream was to renovate a long black bus with no seats and gum on the floor into a mobile home. We got as far as cleaning the bus and it turned out the farmer we got the bus from never held up his end of the bargain. It crumbled our dream and years later we found our selves staring at the face of a new one, just a little different. Sure we wouldn't be driving to Canada in a big black bus we called Freedom, but we found the perfect place anyway.
When my parents bought that bus, the family was so excited we were so sure that the idea of traveling to Hornby island would come true. Now my family is  in the North Carolinian country. It's a little off of what we dreamed of but it's the best that we can get. I will always admire the dream of Freedom, and maybe my brothers or I will fulfill it one day.






No comments:

Post a Comment